Monday, December 29, 2008

Married...At my age!!!??


Last weekend I had the opportunity to attend the wedding and reception of my best friend Molly. I met Molly my sophomore year of high school, I was new to the school, I didnt have many friends and instantly Molly reached out to me. She was bubbly, knew lots of people, and had every cute guys number...I was lucky to be her friend. She helped me discover my more social and goofy side, I love her for that. Whenever Molly and I would have sleepovers, we would ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS talk about our wedding day. We would talk about how handsome and great our husbands would be, what our reception would look like, the songs we would play for our "first dance", and where we would go on our honeymoons. It was so fun painting these magical fairytale like pictures of what love would be like for us one day. And as often as we would dream and talk of these days, I never really could see it happening to any of us too soon, It seemed like a far off tale. But last weekend I got to watch all of Molly's dreams come true. It was so un-real to see all of those wonderful things happen to her. But what was even more impressing to me was to see just how happy she truly was. It was written all over her face! Granted the road towards her happiness wasn't pain free, She had to endure some hard knocks, but in my eyes that makes her all the more beautiful...Now Im going to be honest, lately I have been pretty fed up with all the 'engaged and underage' gals around me, not that im jealous, I just dont understand it! I guess I just feel way to much like a child, that I just could never picture myself being a wife any day soon. But standing back, and watching Molly's wedding gave me a new outlook. Now i'm not going to go sign up on LDS singles, or attend institute activities any more than I usually do, But in a sense I have a new hope. My heart has been softend, and I can't wait till I find the one who will love me the way I need to be. And make me glow in the same way that Molly did when she looked at her husband. Ok, there Im done...I said all the things I wanted to, now let the insulting begin...I always have been and always will be a hopeless romantic:) Congrats Molly! I love you!...Oh and just one more small note, I caught the bouquet!

No comments: